Saturday, September 6, 2014, at the Botanical Garden at Museum Hill, 715 Camino Lejo.
2014 SFBG Members Plant Swap (memberships available at the door)
9:00 am- Set up
10:00 am- Swap begins!
Want to expand your garden for almost FREE and make new friends? Swap plants, seeds, cuttings, bulbs & seedlings with fellow gardeners at SFBG’s Members Plant Swap. It’s a fun way to add some wonderful new selections to your garden.
FREE – Everyone is invited to attend with or without plants to swap.
WHAT IS A PLANT SWAP?
A plant swap is a friendly gathering of people who love gardening. They bring plants, (outdoor and indoor) seedlings, seeds, bulbs & cuttings to share with other fellow gardeners.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Plants will be organized in alphabetical order. When the swap begins, people who bring plants select one plant at a time for the first several rounds, after which, folks without plants to swap will have the opportunity to select as well. There will be plenty of plants for everyone -
GUIDELINES & RULES:
- Bring plants, seeds, cuttings, bulbs, seedlings, etc. to share. If you have plants, please arrive at 9:00am to set up.
- No garden paraphernalia, please, just plants.
- Please neatly label & pot/bag/box all plants with common name. When possible, provide botanical name (including cultivar). Also, if possible, provide photos of plants with notes, if you have any.
- If you do not have plants to share, you are welcome to attend. The swap begins at 10:00am. People with plants to share will select first.
- Kindly leave your pets at home.
- No selling.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Plants, seeds, cuttings, bulbs, seedlings, etc.
- Chair so that you can sit if you want to rest
- Notebook and pen for jotting names and info about your newly acquired plants
- Baggies and paper towels for any new cuttings received
- Boxes, bags and/or a garden cart for storing and transporting your plants
When digging and dividing in your garden, please consider those species that prefer fall transplanting.
- Daylily roots and iris rhizomes
- Perennials such as yarrow, coneflower, red hot poker, Russian sage, phlox, Oriental poppy, peony, hardy geranium
- Spring-flowering bulbs (daffodil, tulip, grape hyacinth, lily-of-the-valley, ornamental onions)
See you at the swap!